Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had anybody ever used this to remove acid rain damage to clear coat?
I've tried turtle wax premium rubbing compound with absolutely no luck. Only thing it removed was my coat of wax.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are some pictures after using the cutting compound. I managed to get both rear fenders done and the hood. I used a little cheap black and Decker rando orbiter waxer/polisher. I done each panel in a 4 step process.
1st I used the ultra cut compound
2nd I used the ultra finishing polish
3rd I used a meguirs clay bar with their quick detailer
And last I used turtle wax paste.
Im not completely satisfied with the cutting compound. It faded the acid rain spots but did not remove them. I'm not knocking it just yet until I get a variable speed buffer.

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
Here is the cleaners that I used.
How did the higher cut compound work? I got the lighter duty one and it did nothing to clean up an area that I wet sanded with a 5000 grit paper. I need something better. I am also being told I need a buffer...

·
Registered
46 Posts
a R/O won't do much with that 205 but a legit buffer or a D/A with the right pad will cut the hell out of it. What pad you use on the buffer makes a huge difference too. I had no idea what I was doing when I wet sanded and buffed my Harley but I managed to get it done with pretty good results and minimal scratches left. I can tell you that terry sock in the background wont do much regardless of what you have. Try a cutting pad then a wool heavy cutting pad if you're not getting what you need but be VERY careful on edges or you'll burn through in a second. Always remember to start light and move to heavier stuff. You can take more but you can't put it back!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts