Cummins Diesel Forum banner
21 - 40 of 287 Posts
Sounds like a fun project. Subbing for pics:thumbsup:

Discussion starter · #22 ·
I will try to clean up the inside of my truck and show off some of my mounting solutions for the CoPilot and CTS too, seems like a lot of people have been trying to find good places to tuck them away.

Dusty, how much did the F150 load weigh with trailer? My trailer and car weigh 10k together, which isn't crazy heavy or anything, but just to see how they compare.
I don't know the exact weight but I would say about 6500-7000 pounds. Just today I pulled a trailer that weighed 11 thousand pounds when it was loaded. I didn't get on the freeway but on the highway I had no problem pulling at 60mph. Highest egt's were 900 degrees accelerating to pass and just like before plenty of power on tap if I needed it. This was at 6000' elevation.

Blizzard06 said:
Exactly. I only told myself I couldn't so one thing with this truck, and that's chase the fastest title like the other car :hehe:

Man I hear ya. I have my 01 thats my dedicated sled puller and I got my 06 to be my tow rig and DD. It already had an intake, so I told myself just an exhaust and a Smarty for DD milage and a little extra power. Now I'm looking at EFI Live, 60 horse sticks, and a stroker CP3. :doh::S:

Trans goes without saying in a Dodge, especially when behind a Cummins. :thumbsup: Turbo, I just forgot that one on the list. lol

Discussion starter · #28 ·
So the only thing I'm going back and forth on is the CP3. The stroker is less money and less complicated, but most everyone recommends duals. Would a stroker with a mega rail kit accomplish basically the same thing, or should I lay down a little more money for the dual?

I was in the same boat as you trying to decide between a Stroker or dual cp3's. After talking with Shane at motorsport diesel I decided duals because if I ever want to go bigger I already have all the fuel I need. He had told me that a single stroker would support my set up but the advantage to duals was that they ramped the pressure up faster, have a faster recovery rate, and like I said if you upgrade you don't need to worry about them.

If I remember right when I bought mine Shane's kit was the lowest price. Plus it is definitely the cleanest looking install when it's done.

Discussion starter · #32 ·
Here's the update: Everything but the CP3 and turbo kit has been ordered. I am changing over to Industrial Injection compounds, the phatshaft 62 and a S475 setup. A little less power potential, but better spooling and a really clean install. Parts should start arriving tomorrow, and the truck is done at the paint shop. Gonna be an exciting week!

Also, PPE or Industrial Injection dual fuelers?

From what I have seen, the PPE kit isn't worth the material its made from. Their coolant crossover pipe is pretty if you like polished stainless, but it doesn't physically match either of the hoses they sell it with, and their CP3 bracket looks it was welded by a first semester high school student. (Sorry, that wasn't fair to most first semester high school students)

PPE Dual Fueler kit is junk

When I contacted them about it they said they were concerned, and wanted to know why my truck is so much different then all their other customers. (its not, I just happen to own two 03 Dodges, and they measure the same on all dimensions related to the Dual Fueler kit) They sent me a new coolant hose free of cost, but it fits so poorly that even after hours of tweaking, trimming, and cursing, the hose kinks when the coolant is cool.

I haven't seen the ATS kit, but the way the Motorsport Diesel kit mounts is far superior, you don't have to deal with any coolant hose issues, and you'll always be able to find an inexpensive replacement hose.

Ive had no complaints from my PPE kit, other than the green belt the send is WAY to small and bolts they supplied with it to mount the cp3 bracket were junk...the head snapped off and the top pump almost went right into my fan. get a longer belt, and some better bolts and you shouldnt have an issue with PPE

Ive had no complaints from my PPE kit, other than the green belt the send is WAY to small and bolts they supplied with it to mount the cp3 bracket were junk...the head snapped off and the top pump almost went right into my fan. get a longer belt, and some better bolts and you shouldnt have an issue with PPE
Unless they don't send you pieces of the kit. Or the pieces that they do send were designed for a completely different radiator. Or the pieces they send you break because they were welded by an amateur. Or you live in California and they don't send you the little EPA compliance sticker. Or you get one of their coolant pipes that fractures around the bracket welds and your coolant sprays out on the ground while your in the middle of nowhere. Or your tensioner breaks because the belt is too short and THAT flys into your radiator and takes out the entire works.

Or the bolts snap off and your cp3 flys off into your radiator fan!

I can keep going

Discussion starter · #40 ·
Or you get one of their coolant pipes that fractures around the bracket welds and your coolant sprays out on the ground while your in the middle of nowhere. Or your tensioner breaks because the belt is too short and THAT flys into your radiator and takes out the entire works.

Or the bolts snap off and your cp3 flys off into your radiator fan!

I can keep going
:shock: Yeah that's a no go on PPE...

Not to mention, for more than two grand, I shouldn't be sourcing parts to fix their mistakes...

21 - 40 of 287 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.