Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and searched and can't find any info on this. I am converting my drw to srw but the guy I am swapping with has two tone paint and is just getting flares. I have found several pictures of long beds with the flares removed but I cannot find any short beds with the flares removed. I am trying to figure out if I can put pocket flares on to cover the cut out at the top and get minor body work done on the rivet holes. I think the filler hole should be the same (unlike the long bed). If anyone has any insight please let me know.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Why don't you just find another shortbed, i was thinking of doing the same thing. Are you changing axles?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am swapping axles, I am having a hard time finding a bed much less a black bed. If I am going to have to pay to get another bed painted, I would probably be better off just having minor paint and body on my dually bed. I am just wondering what I am gonna find when I take the flares off.

·
Registered
820 Posts
i want some mega cab fenders
i want to convert mine to them

·
Registered
820 Posts
i want some mega cab fenders
i want to convert mine to them

·
Premium Member
1,065 Posts
call up to Rouche Creek off road park Rausch Creek Off Road Park
one of the people who works there converted his. we were parked next to each other at an 4x4 event/show. I am sure he can tell you what he did
he just put fillers into his bed sides and used different offset wheels in the back from what I remember. sorry I dont remember his name just ask for the guy with the Dodge Dually who works there. His wife works there to

1 - 7 of 7 Posts