Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

461 - 466 of 466 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
The one thing mentioned was the condenser. The original style is junk IMHO. I switched to the parallel flow and my temps in the mid 90s are high 30*s at idle, getting even colder while driving at a higher RPM, just not sure how cold. Never measured anything but idle.

I don't have a megacab, but I get my quad cab so cold I have to take it off full cold (do have 5% tint though and a tinted windshield.)

I thought about the shut off to the heater core, but my temps are already so cold I don't see the point.
I assume this is compatible with the mega cab? Also what year is the truck that it was replaced on?

·
Registered
12 Posts
There will be blockages in your evaporater. I had mud build up due to dust from outside air. At 80000 miles. Had to cut through near it and take a water hose to wash the mud out. Then it blew great and cooled the mega cab like a champ. Rear vents were open as well. Had to install a good air filter on the return air side before the fan.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Willpru-
Are your responding to someone else’s question or post? or just throwing that out there? What year truck? My 06 doesn’t have a cabin air filter.

·
Registered
307 Posts
There will be blockages in your evaporater. I had mud build up due to dust from outside air. At 80000 miles. Had to cut through near it and take a water hose to wash the mud out. Then it blew great and cooled the mega cab like a champ. Rear vents were open as well. Had to install a good air filter on the return air side before the fan.
I dont understand what you mean by "cut through near it". Did you cut a hole in the black "Air box / air handler" to access the evaporator coil, did you replace or fill that hole? Couldnt you have disconnected the evaporator coil and clean it?

·
Registered
1,193 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a thought that if I made the fins on the blower motor bigger, it would push more air. Logically it makes sense, and it may work, but not how I did it apparently.

I glued 11 fins inside the fan ring on my blower motor. Unfortunately it made the fan a lot louder and there was zero increase in wind speed coming through my vents. I removed the fins and will try adding smaller ones on the outside of the ring. Maybe next weekend.

461 - 466 of 466 Posts