Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey new to the site i just put my sunpro boost gauge on my 01 dodge cummins i use a boost bolt from md preformance i put it all together and im hearing a noise its coming from the gauge its self. sounds like intake noises not loud or anything like that just kinda annoying is this noise common with mechanical gauges? its a boost/vacume gauge.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Did u use solid line or the nylon supplied with gauge?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
solid copper line i got it all rubber mounted and its not rubbin nothing the noise is coming from the gauge its self its a new gauge

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
My isspro boost gauge does the same thing. It's almost a ticking noise at times. I used the nylon line that came with the gauge. A friend of mine has an isspro boost gauge in his duramax and it does the same.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You may need a snubber. It helps smooth out the pulsing (and noise) in the gauge.

This may work: Pressure Gauge Snubbers, models PS-2, PS-4 and PS-8

PS-8G may be the right one for boost gauge. A friend of mine put one in his 3rd gen and it solved the problem. They are common in industrial instruments.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I have that same issue with my DiPricol mechanical gauge with the nylon tube. What are the options to fix it... Mine almost sounds like there is something in the gauge broke, but i tightened those screws on the back (heard they can come out) and it helped with the noise.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i talked to my neighbor his a big rig mechanic he has a chevy with a 6.5 turbo he showed me that when you run copper line you should put about three spirls in it it takes the ehco outta the line. havnt tried it yet but it worked on his truck hes using the same gauge as me. somthing to think about.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Anyone experiencing boost gauge flutter with an ISSPRO gauge, please PM me and I'll have a replacement orfice shipped to you. It just screws into the back of the gauge and should eliminate the noise.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

1 - 9 of 9 Posts