Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to a guy that i get all my stuff done at and he told me to wait for exhaust and that MBRP is gonna come out with a true 5 inch tbe that will pass emmisions...... ????? should i wait or go with a kit thats already out?

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
I dont see how they could do a true Turbo back system with the emissions in tact.

·
Registered
681 Posts
That seems like a oxy moron to me .....LOL

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That seems like a oxy moron to me .....LOL
some guy at a performance shop feed me that.....i nothing about exhaust and all that junk under my truck first diesel..... but ive alwas passed emmisions with my straight piped v8s.... couldnt see why i couldnt with this beater

·
5,055 Posts
These trucks have more then a simple Catalytic Converter in the Exhaust, as well they are diesels, they produce much different exhaust then a gasser. Any modification of the DPF, NOx filter, or Cat will result in Emissions Failure.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
MBRP had a design for a dpf delete....but the legal issues with removing the emissions system forced them to drop it without pursuing it further.....there are companies trying designs with larger dpf filters.....but to pass emissions everything but the nox is going to have to stay intact

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I know Magnaflow is said to be working on an exhaust with a bigger DPF.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Not trying to sound like a wiseguy , but what states have emissions for diesel's? Heck once I removed the EGR, my truck doesnt smoke anymore and my tailpipe is almost as clean as a stock one.

·
Registered
190 Posts
The way i see it, a 5" with the dpf intact will give some terrible milage! The passive regen will be much less effective due to the drop in EGT and require constant Active regen.

·
5,055 Posts
:agree2:

Diverb: I wish i could say the same. My Stacks seem to be sooted up really well.:peelout

·
Registered
694 Posts
truck passes inspection no questions asked woo hoo

·
Registered
634 Posts
When and if they do emmission tessting on them will they physically look at the exhaust system or do they just plug into the OBD port?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts