Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got the 4" system. is there a way that muffler is supposed to go? its got holes inside that look like they can go with the flow or against. best way i can explain it. directions or muffler dont say. if its reversiable is there a way that changes the tone or noise? sorry if this is confusing.

thanks

·
Registered
284 Posts
My mbrp kit had hangers welded on the muffler, which made it fit only one way!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mine has no hangers on the muffler!!:CRY: looks like clamps in a bag for me. but the rest off the system has factory style hangers

·
Registered
120 Posts
I had the same question. with the air going over the holes it makes it louder? and going into the holes makes it reasonate in the cab? if i could find the link i would but thats what i remeber

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the same question. with the air going over the holes it makes it louder? and going into the holes makes it reasonate in the cab? if i could find the link i would but thats what i remeber

yeah that was my question. i put it on with the air going over the holes has you put it. its much queiter then a straight pipe i did for a week at 3". i like it a lot. :peelout

·
Premium Member
2,542 Posts
its a directional muffler and like you said air going in openings quiter air going over louder. They give you a choice so that you still have a muffler and your legal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts