Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,721 Posts
I'm getting harder of hearing as I get older....too much loud rock-n-roll and loud cars.
I'd go with quiet exhaust.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I vote, leave it stock.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I vote, leave it stock.
I see you have a 4inch exhaust. Do you not like it?
The last 4 truck I have had were all 4" + exhaust. I did not enjoy the drone. And I did not purchase the exhausts. My 12v is completely stock and gonna stay that way. Just an opinion. There is no need for a bigger exhaust unless you are exceeding the capability of the flow from the stock system. It's justa noise thing around here.

And I cant edit my signature so I cant even remember which truck it's still listed as and I cant even see it in the mobile sight. Lol

·
Registered
515 Posts
I have the stainless mbrp exhaust with the biggest resonator. I also added an in line exhaust brake as well. I also have compounds so that will help quiet it down. The exhaust system is very quiet. I like it that way myself. I also ceramic coated everything before installing it. One time, i accidently forgot to tighten a clamp and the muffler came off the exhaust pipe. It was amazing how much quieter the system is.

I ended up putting a bellows and v band flanges on many joints to make the system better. But, overall, i am happy with it. Whenever mine goes out, Ill buy another one and modify it again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts