Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Where's my sparkplugs????
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
meow meow bark bark.. scroll down for the problem..

·
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
.....:hateit:...... BuMp

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
yup take it back to the place that put the kit in... tell them about it

·
Registered
845 Posts
Did they put the rubber isolators back in between the springs and new spacers?

·
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well after driving it more and it doing it more often I'm thinking it's something to do with my 4WD system. A week or go I was in a situation where I had to use 4WD High on the concrete but didn't turn it while driving and didn't go over 20. Thinking back that's when the problem seemed to have started. I know it's all automatic but just for s%its and giggles I put it in 4WD High, back up 15 feet or so, went foward 10 feet or so then kicked it back in 2WD. I didn't get to drive it much after that but for the short amount of time I did it didn't do it again. Is it a possiblility that I ruined something or did 4WD not properly disenguage? I also notice that my front axles spin when I drive, are they supposed to reguardless if it's in 4WD or 2WD? I'm extremely ignorant of the suspension of this truck and the newer 4WD systems as well. I'm going to bring it in the dealership Monday but I'd like to know what it might be ahead of time. Thanks in advanced...

·
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
help..
Edit: Hamburger

·
Fill Diesel Only
1,033 Posts
yes the front drive shaft turns all the time your moving. You only tie the transfer case into the system when you pull the lever or turn the switch.

·
Registered
351 Posts
The front driveshaft spins when your in 2wd also. My guess is its your front driveshaft angle. Even though it may look fine it can make some serious noise. Mine id put it in 4 and back up and it would clank and clunk pretty scary and it would do the same going straight. I had the front driveshaft replaced with one made for the application and its worked perfect ever since.

·
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The front driveshaft spins when your in 2wd also. My guess is its your front driveshaft angle. Even though it may look fine it can make some serious noise. Mine id put it in 4 and back up and it would clank and clunk pretty scary and it would do the same going straight. I had the front driveshaft replaced with one made for the application and its worked perfect ever since.
I'm going to mention that at the dealer tomorrow. Thanks. :thumbsup

·
Registered
351 Posts
Let us know!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts