Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The sales sticker on my truck says it came with 265 75 16s but, of course, the door jamb sticker has the weight ratings for a 245 75 16. I was just wondering which of these sizes the speedometer was calibrated for at the factory? Thanks!

LJ

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
i would say the sales sticker is what the truck had on it when it was sold because you probably had a wheel and tire upgrade but who knows if the dealer or factory changes the tire size in the trucks computer when they have wheel packages. my bet is that they do not and the trucks ecm is set to whats on the door. but who knows i could be wrong. good question tho. i would not be too worried about it tho because those tires are not reallly that much bigger

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks 123! I am just trying to figure out the small difference in mileage with my 285s.

·
Registered
393 Posts
You can reprogram the computer to the new tire size. I just did it to mine. I had 265/75-16 on mine and jumped up to 285/75. You'll need a scan tool that allows you to make changes and you'll need the tire revolutions per mile.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts