Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we just got back from the May Madness event In Pahrump, NV. It used to be in Vegas, but it seems we have a better event with it in Pahrump, which is about 50 miles north of Vegas. Any case, the event is thrown by the TDR (Turbo Diesel Register), which was one of the first Diesel Clubs. They cater mainly to the Cummins crowd.

We hauled the 5th wheel down and stayed at the host RV park, which is right accross the street from the Host Hotel, the Pahrump Nugget. The RV park is where the fun is. Cruising around from camp to camp and seeing what different groups are up to, and everyone is very friendly.

Mad Dog brought down his mobile dyno, which was set up in the hotel parking lot. Drew quite a crowd from the locals. Dynoed 42 trucks ranging from 190hp up to 945hp (IIRC). Dually trucks had to remove outer tires. Kinda a PITA, but I had a 5 ton floor jack and another guy had a battery powered impact, so it wasn't too bad.

Vendors show was cool. I had an Amsoil booth set up right next to BD and ATS, Brad from FASS joined us with his display stand and really cool road racing truck. Went for a little ride in that bad boy. Way cool! Would have been cooler if the converter had been the right one. WAAAAAAAY too loose. So, we just cruised around. Snow Performance had their booth set up and brought their lifted mega cab dually, which also won best of show in the show and shine. Overall I think there were 8-10 manufacturers with booths set up.

Another cool event they do is the Ram Rodeo. I have been to alot of competitions and TDR is the only one that does this. They set up cones and tennis balls and such as a course and it is a driving skills test. Parallel parking, backing, maneuvering, and such. Pretty cool deal, and fun to watch!

So, in case anyone wondered where we were for the week, there ya go. We go every year, and next year will be no different. If anyone wants to go and check it out, as soon as I have info on next years event I will post it up. Its worth the trip.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Cool. Did you get any pics?

·
Premium Member
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Girlfriend handled the photography, I'll have to see what all she has.

Hows your new muffler working out for you Kevin?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Sweet. I'm really happy too with the service and deal. Thanks to Billy too for making it happen on short notice.

I'm sending my buddy over. He's got some upgrades he'd like to do. He's an old timer named Rod. He said he'd call today. Let me know if we might go in on twofers.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Jason, nice meeting you there Thursday, at least we had great weather this year!

·
Premium Member
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You too! Its great to put a face to the names, and a drivers face to the trucks!:rof

Weather was killer! Little warm but very tolerable, nice cool breeze in the evening. Heck, we slept with the 5th wheel opened all up every night. 2 years ago it was so freakin hot the A/C had trouble keeping up. Was awesome this year.:thumbsup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts