Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last sunday I broke the stock driver side sway bar link!!! i ordered some MAXX links on monday from genos!! i got them in today and went to put them on, but the bolt for the bottom of the link that connects it to the axle will not go thru the hole at all!!! and i hate to beat on it and mess the threads up on it!! anybody else have this issue? i got the links for a lifted truck. i have a 2.5in level kit.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I installed the same links on my 06 with no problems. Could it just be a burr that you can file out, or is the hole too small all the way around?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its the part # SMX-1227L. That's the one that maxxs web site and genos called for!!! Idk they just won't go in. Maybe a 1/8in might go in and that's it!!!

·
Second Most Important Member
1,747 Posts
youre saying the bolt diameter is too big? i guess i would call them to see if they could send you a new set.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes its to big. I called genos and talked to Brandon and he had me call MAXX!! talked to Larry and since my truck is a Early production 06 it has the smaller diameter holes like the 05 for the sway bar. They are also tapered. So they are sending me the 1226L links. Customer service for both genos and MAXX are great.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Geno's customer service, has always been stellar for me !

Glad you find the same.:thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.