Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a buddy that owns a performance shop that keeps telling me that a stock vp44 can only safely handle 75hp injectors. I currently have 150hp injectors and an edge comp hot box. He is constantly telling me that I am going to fry my injection pump because of the comp hot box and the injectors. My vp44 has only 30,000 miles on it, and I have had a fass 150 on it since i got the new pump. I just want everyones opinions on the subject.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I knew I was safe. The reason the second injection pump is on this truck is because the owner before me had fried the ecm and that in turn fried the vp44. All i know is that this truck hauls pretty damn good. If nothing else, it could definately use a turbo. Currently i have a stock hy35 with an aftermarket compressor and turbine.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
A standard SOvp can support some 250hp injectors after that id go dragonfirevp or monstermike vp

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Sounds like he should sell his "performance" shop since he has no clue what he's talking about.
:agree2:

They're a lot of people on here running 250's and other set ups with lift that are way above 75.

Maybe he was saying that, due to factory turbo?
I would only do 75-100 on factory turbo.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Sounds like he should sell his "performance" shop since he has no clue what he's talking about.
i was told last week by a popular preformance shop, that anything over a 200hp injector would kill the vp. aparently alot of us have gotten lucky :doh:

·
Wyoming Eastern President
2,962 Posts
Hmm I wonder how fast 7x23s will kill one LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts