Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone purchase the 8yr/125k MaxCare for their trucks in the past? Is it one of those things where they always try to find a loophole not to fix your truck?

At $3k it sounds like a steal for my daily driver as I’ll probably hit the 8yr mark before 125k miles but what’s been your experiences with it?

We’re making rainbow cakes with the kids today!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have it. We'll see if I ever need it. The massive expense of the components on these trucks was a factor in my decision. I got a quote for the level I wanted from two or three online sources and used that price to strong arm the dealership into giving me my warranty at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have it. We'll see if I ever need it. The massive expense of the components on these trucks was a factor in my decision. I got a quote for the level I wanted from two or three online sources and used that price to strong arm the dealership into giving me my warranty at a reasonable price.
What were the “online sources”?

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
I have it. Got it when I bought the truck. I did the 8 year/125k for $2999. Basically said the deal was dead at the last minute unless they gave me the warranty at that price.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have it. Got it when I bought the truck. I did the 8 year/125k for $2999. Basically said the deal was dead at the last minute unless they gave me the warranty at that price.
You’re an 09 grad of USAFA??

·
US ARMY Retired
822 Posts
What were the “online sources”?
This is who I have used in the past (Zeigler)....not sure if their prices are still one of the best. Once you spec one out where it says promo code enter "CL" and you should get a discount....I pretty good one if it still works.

Reactions: Jimmy N.

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
What about buying an extended warranty just before your factory warranty expires vs at time of purchase? Cost differences? Coverage?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What about buying an extended warranty just before your factory warranty expires vs at time of purchase? Cost differences? Coverage?
You can but FCA up to 40k miles but the price at that point is like $6k. The earlier you but the cheaper. Was offered at $2200 when I was buying the truck. It was $3500 at 7k miles.

I wouldn’t do an aftermarket BS warranty from anywhere else.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I went through Chrysler Direct. A little bit cheaper than Ziegler at the time.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I bought my 19 ram 3500 warranty and my wife's 18 jeep grand cherokee warranty here. It is a dealer who wholesales them online. This will save you even more money. I quoted a 19 ram 3500 diesel srw for only $2205. By far the cheapest you will find anywhere because it is wholesale.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I had the same warranty on my 16 before it was totaled with no issues. When they totaled my truck I sold my max care warranty back to the dealer. I was pro-rated $1400 on my plan last year.

·
Registered
219 Posts
It says jeep on the website, but I can assure you you can input your information and change the make and model of your car to Ram and so on. I did this for the quote i posted here and when I bought it for my 19 Ram 3500 HO SRW.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts