Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the maximum size tires that'll fit an '04 2500 4x4 QC cummins without rubbing or requiring a lift or leveling kit?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have 305's that don't come close to rubbing. about 34"

·
Premium Member
6,752 Posts
285's will fit with no problems.

·
Registered
531 Posts
There is a thread with a guy running 37x12.5's on his truck stock. Rubs slightly at full lock. Search for "stock with big meat"

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
really? 20K? I've read a lot of posts about the nitto's and I see most of the people saying 50K easy, some say 20k others say 60-70K.

Can you recommend a good AT tire that will get good mileage?

I put a lot of miles on my truck and I'd hate to have to be looking at replacing tires by the end of the summer.

·
New Mexico Chapter Vice President
1,532 Posts
ive already gotten 50K out of my yokohama geolander a/t-s..and ill probably get another 10K before i get more tires

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AHA! I ordered the 285 Nittos instead of the 295's. I did a lot of review reading and invariably what I found in the majority of the cases (where the info was posted), the guys running diesel trucks that put load range D tires (i.e. the 295 nittos) on their trucks complained of low miles and heavy wear. The guys using the load range E tires were saying they had no premature wear and were getting decent mileage from the nittos.

I could not find 295's in load range E, only D. The 305's bumped the price up too much, so I ordered the 285's.

Yeah, 37's would be sweet, Actually my dream is to lift the truck, Mickey Thompson MTZ 38x15.50's on some 18" wheels, road armor bumpers, winch, etc, etc...but that's way more money than I can justify right now.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I had 33 inch nittos on my 07 diesel, not sure what tire rating the where. But i was not impressed with them.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have the 305/70/17 terra graplers. they ride good,have good traction,currently have 42,000 need replacing , but they all wear evenly. no ballance issues. load range E

1 - 11 of 11 Posts