Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a little new to the cummins and i was curious what is the Max hp you can get out of the 6.7 through tunning or modulars before you have to start using power adders.

·
Registered
336 Posts
its 350 HP & 650 TQ stock so id say probably about 400HP maybe, do you have one? try turning up the normal engine operating temp, you want a diesel to run HOT

dont ask me how to do that

·
Registered
336 Posts
i have a 5.9L turned up to 200' normal operating temp, gave me 'bout 10 extra horses
haven't done it to my 6.7L yet

·
Banned
706 Posts
Why do yall want your diesel running hot?

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
there is almost no tuning that you can do on these 6.7. Everything is computer controlled. You can remove an Air Baffle and change Air Filters. Other then that Synthetic oils are about the only other thing that "may" give you an increase.

Kick the DPF/EGR, Add a Tuner and then your #s will rise.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Why would running hotter add power? Why don't we all do heated air intakes instead of cold air intakes? ;)

·
Registered
847 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Max horsepower? Just wait till somebody straps a sigma pump and a huge set of twins to one of these big blocks. :thumbsup:peelout

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Max horsepower? Just wait till somebody straps a sigma pump and a huge set of twins to one of these big blocks. :thumbsup:peelout
I was courious what the max HP was before any bolt on adders, just thru tunning or modulars.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
you need to block off the egr, that will drop your egt's by about 300 degrees.. you can get the plates and gaskets @ k2dieselperformance.com

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i have a 6.7l 07 and haveing problems keepping my egts down have a h&s dpf delete and edge juice
I did not know Edge had a DPF delete tune. Is the H & S a DPF delete and custom tune. If it is, you might be stackin the edge on it. If thats the case, you might be gettin to much timming casing the EGT's to run hot. I'm no pro in the cummings department, just throwing that out there.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
they are 2 seperate modules. the H&S box only fools the sensors. The edge is a performance chip.

For the OP- the HP/TQ #s in my sig are current with no major engine mods.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts