Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a max fuel press:confused013:
I just installed new Injector Pump from Bluechip and also installed fuel press Gauge and my press is about 21psi at Idle and about 19-20 while cruising

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
Popular opinion puts those numbers at the high limit.
Yeap... BBRam is right... Your at the high side margin... I wuold pull them down to about 17-18 PSI to be safe... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
316 Posts
once your new lift pump breaks in it will drop a couple psi. Thats what my fass did anyway. I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the identical pressure after my Air Dog install. I am keeping an eye on it to see if it drops once the Air Dog gets broken in a little more.

First I was worried about too low fuel pressure and now I have to worry about too high:banghead:

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
20psi is the high limit, but 1psi over is not going to kill your injection pump. just keep an eye on it and make sure it does not go higher than that..

·
Premium Member
11,985 Posts
yer fine, so long as it don't hit 80 like another guy on here was talkin bout....:shock:

·
Registered
402 Posts
do you have to worry about your truck going into prime mode and over pressuring with the engine not running?

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
i ran 24psi for 6 months with stacked lift pumps. besides when the engine is not running the lift pump will stop pumping after a max of about 30 seconds, and at that point the pressure will drop until the motor is started. once the motor is running the vp44 will open a relief valve and return fuel back to the tank once 14psi is exceeded.

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
IMO...anything over 14 psi at WOT is a waste....since the relief vlv on the VP starts open'n at around 12-14psi....

well that, and my dang fuel filter housing cap doesn't like anymore then 16psi before leak'n...

just my thoughts on the matter....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If this press is to high how can i adjust my FASS pump fuel press.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts