Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 06 with factory everything (But Edge Juice with Attitude running on #1) will show boost of over 40 pounds momentarily at times when I drive aggressively...

Is this normal?

·
Registered
866 Posts
I am showing over 30 psi. Not sure how much because its only a 30psi gauge.

·
Banned
516 Posts
i think they go to 44 psi!

·
Registered
866 Posts
Mine is bone stock though. No programmer or anything that I know of. I need to get a bigger gauge so I can see just what I am hitting.

·
Registered
168 Posts
My 06 with factory everything (But Edge Juice with Attitude running on #1) will show boost of over 40 pounds momentarily at times when I drive aggressively...

Is this normal?
over 35 not wide open all stock 07 Dually

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I thought I would only need to buy a 30 to 35 psi boost gauge when I purchase my gauges. With a programmer, exhaust, intake and a manifold, should I go higher, maybe get the 60 psi gauge????

·
Registered
12 Posts
ya i can hit 40+ too...sounds about right
yeah i've got an 06, with the edge juice w/attitude and i can see 40+ rather easy when i'm towing, i try to keep it around 36-38 but you really have to stay right with it to keep it down especially on the freeway. what is safe for a stock 06 turbo?????

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
what is safe for a stock 06 turbo?????
Short sprints...ok....long term...no

Is this normal?
:welcome: Fellow Mass person.

Yeah over 40psi is normal, while it is a bit out of the map you should be ok for short bursts....would not do it all the time though. :thumbsup

·
SUPER MODERATOR
1,891 Posts
i hit 47 the other day with my boost fooler blade runner and my preditor on extreme i cringed waiting for the stock intercooler to blow

·
Registered
10,349 Posts
I am showing over 30 psi. Not sure how much because its only a 30psi gauge.
You should hit 32 stock.. While thats close to what your gauge can read you can do dame to it maxing it out, I would get a 60 psi gauge.

·
Registered
203 Posts
35 psi and above is getting to a moderate efficiency range (~74-75%) for this turbo

the higher the psi the faster you work yourself out of the efficiency range of the compressor...

@ 40 psi efficiencies can be as low as 66% so you will be heat loading the system...

and sooner or later the turbo will go... so start saving up for a new one lol

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
I thought I would only need to buy a 30 to 35 psi boost gauge when I purchase my gauges. With a programmer, exhaust, intake and a manifold, should I go higher, maybe get the 60 psi gauge????
dont waste your money on a 30 psi gauge!

I can hit 44 psi spikes with stock turbo. :thumbsup

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
35 psi and above is getting to a moderate efficiency range (~74-75%) for this turbo

the higher the psi the faster you work yourself out of the efficiency range of the compressor...

@ 40 psi efficiencies can be as low as 66% so you will be heat loading the system...

Very well put!:thumbsup

·
Registered
10,349 Posts

This is one of the reasons I wish the Smarty Jr moved the wastegate opening to 35psi instead of disabling it... The Jr is geared towards stock trucks, so having to worry about the turbo MAP isn't really what I want to be doing.

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
Well...I will be tapping my drive pressure gauge and getting that hooked up soon...we shall see if you're "efficiencies" are correct :w:

·
Registered
866 Posts
The 30psi gauge is for my other truck. It only hits 8-10 so it works for it great. I just threw it in the dodge to see what I was making. I don't even have it installed just velcroed to the dash. LOL

1 - 20 of 20 Posts