Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed a pyrometer in my 08 6.7. The directions stated to put it ahead of the turbo. Space is limited anyway so I placed it in the manifold about 2" above the turbo flange. Now comes the temps...........1200 deg on the flat at 40 mph with little throttle and no load in the truck. Much more than I expected. Is this normal? What can I expect as a norm when pulling a 16k trailer?
I stopped by the Dodge dealer and talked with the Techs and they had no idea.

·
Registered
2021 Ram 3500 CC/LB 4X4 6.7 HO
519 Posts
I heard below 1400 degrees sustained.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I peg my gauge at 1500 degrees and it stays there for awhile so I figure I see anywhere from 1600 to 1800 degrees at times when in regen mode pulling a slight hill. Should have went with a 0-2000 gauge. Im not going to worried about it its under warranty right. Its either going to go or blow......

These things run hot period I see approx 900 cruzin on the flats at 65-70mph.

Woody

·
Banned
162 Posts
a tech told me these trucks run hotter than 5.9s he told me when towing it might go to 1500 and that was alright for a few miles to get over hill but i should not let it get over that. i was worried too. i have seen mine 1400 empty on small hill.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
These trucks can handle more heat than a 5.9. when my truck was stock, exhaust included. I would pegged that Pyro out. I always thought the 1600 mark was the same as seeing 150 on the speedo in a pickup. well thats not the case in a stock 6.7. I just figured as long as i dont hold over 1500 i was doing alright. But when your truck goes into regen the truck will cool its self when it hits 1400 degrees. I use to watch the Pryo bounce back and forth from 1150 to 1400 when my truck was into regen

1 - 6 of 6 Posts