Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys

Tried searching for the best way to go about replacing the master and slave clutch cylinders, but couldn't find anything.

My clutch is losing pressure if I hold it to the floor.

I ordered the parts from the stealership, but they want about 500 in labor. This seems steep to me, and since I have decent mechanical ability I figure I will do this on my own.
In looking at the slave and master, it doesn't look like it will be too bad a job, but before I tore into it I figured I would ask for any suggestions/advice.

Thanks

Will

·
Registered
334 Posts
Its a real easy replacement, its all one piece so theres no bleeding or adjusting involved. BUT and isn't there always a but, it goes from the engine compartment through the frame rail to the tranny. You have to unbolt a few of the body to frame bushings and raise the body enough to snake it through.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Its a real easy replacement, its all one piece so theres no bleeding or adjusting involved. BUT and isn't there always a but, it goes from the engine compartment through the frame rail to the tranny. You have to unbolt a few of the body to frame bushings and raise the body enough to snake it through.
what he said:ditto:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts