Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Massive codes atypical

821 views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  waywardtravel 
#1 · (Edited)
Helping a friend with am 04.5.
He has a bullydog and gauges RP tapped, trans independent, oil pressure, independent boost and that's it for mods.
He was sitting still shortly after filling up and pressing on the brake.
The engine RPM stumbled for a few seconds unknown if any smoke.
He believes all below 750RPM.
Then the truck just died.
WIF light came on during this.

No dealer flashes because they can't flash it in Panama.

He came up with a slough of codes some not normal to WIF and some just NOT normal for any truck then the normal ones.

Drained fuel and truck has been fine since. He did not drain it into a bottle despite the fact I gave him the drain hose off my truck a couple months ago :doh:

Codes were:
2266 water in fuel sensor circuit low.
0251 FCA
2269 water in fuel condition
0237 boost sensor reference voltage low
0652 sensor reference voltage B circuit low
0193 fuel rail pressure sensor circuit high
Po3222 ?
PO 3701?
C2902
B1306 OIL level switch circuit.
C1203

For sure didn't get the PO2509.
Does a Bullydog flash the ECM with updated Chrysler for fuel system conformity like a smarty?

If he had water I could see the following codes possibly codes.
FCA, RP, WIF codes, boost I doubt but possible, Oil pressure if it really slowed the RPM enough.

Any thoughts?
The 0652 bugs be too without 2509.

See less See more
#2 ·
Thanks do you know what codes?
Without that it says? You both threw codes.
It really does matter if you know. Not being a jerk.

#3 ·
Bump and he thinks his load may have changed idle in gear from 12% to about 18% he did not change any parts or tuning.

I'm not sure of him being correct in this observation.

#4 ·
All those codes are a direct casuse of the water in fuel. The truck is trying to run but can't burn water and slowes every thing down below factory standards and sends odd signals to the computer and throws a ton of codes before it dies. Weird but makes sense. Got rid of all the old fuel and got good fuel in it and every thing is fine correct? Problem solved.:party018:

#5 ·
The reason I still doubtful is no crank position code or fan speed code.
You would expect that

And why would water cause a sensor reference voltage B circuit?
I don't think that can happen.

It runs fine now but I don't think it's fixed yet.

#6 ·
Its a reference signal voltage. That means its getting its reference voltage from another sensor on what parameters to run in and when some thing else screws up its a domino affect. The water messed with all kinds of stuff. Report back if any more issues arise or any repeating codes come up.

#7 ·
Its a reference signal voltage. That means its getting its reference voltage from another sensor on what parameters to run in and when some thing else screws up its a domino affect

Meaning electrical fault. The water in fuel sensor simply sends a signal that does not effect the reference voltage unless the sensor has a fault.

Is it true to say ONLY an electrical fault can change refrence voltage?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.