Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Saturday (June 7th) are the Mason Dixon Truck Pulls. starts at 5pm.

Index

^ ^ there's the link ^ ^ just click on truck pulls on the left side ..

anyone going??

·
Registered
954 Posts
hey thats down by me! dont know if ill make it or not, im gonna be in york watching some street rods. maybe i'll swing by.

·
Registered
206 Posts
what time will this be going on till?

·
Registered
850 Posts
ill be going, i will be coming from nj, does anyone know the easiest way to get there? and is anyone around or near me that might be interested in meeting up to caravan there? -scott

·
Registered
56 Posts
did anyone get any video from the pull last night?

·
Registered
850 Posts
i got some video of it, but not all of the pullers, kinda dark on my camera while filming.still a good time and footage , esp when the kw almost pulled the sled to the fence

·
Registered
206 Posts
i got some video of it, but not all of the pullers, kinda dark on my camera while filming.still a good time and footage , esp when the kw almost pulled the sled to the fence
that was crazy i dont know why they didnt add more weight off the bat.

saw your truck in the lot. nice looking dually you got there. i was in the gray/silver tutone with the cap. i think i left right in front of you

·
Registered
182 Posts
Them poor weight deprived gassers had so much trouble getting the sled rolling.. But no trouble for the big trucks!!:lol3:

I thought with the event starting at 5, I would get out of there at a decent hour.. Wrong! Oh well, it was worth the wait after it got dark.. All the good stuff came out then!:thumbsup

·
P-Pumped Beast
843 Posts
Them poor weight deprived gassers had so much trouble getting the sled rolling.. But no trouble for the big trucks!!:lol3:

I thought with the event starting at 5, I would get out of there at a decent hour.. Wrong! Oh well, it was worth the wait after it got dark.. All the good stuff came out then!:thumbsup

it was so freaking hot I thought I was gonna die when I was getting the truck ready.

Oh well it cooled off nicely after dark, and I got another trophy and half my fuel money back.

The rules could use some reworking...

·
Registered
850 Posts
they should have put more weights in the sled but it was still bad a## seeing a kwopper almost pull it to the corn field.lol i think if it wernt for the little uphill at the end of the track he just might have .

overall was still a good time, glad i went and looking forward to the buck next weekend for some more diesel pullin

jeepin 13, thanks for the prop i dont recall seeing your truck but ill be sure to look for it next time, probably because of the guy i rode out there with was too busy coverin me in smoke lol im preetty sure hes on here, he had the red 3rd gen dually with 6inch bull haulers parked next to me in the lot. anyhoo glad to make it and look forward to many more events this year. if anyone is planning on going to the buck the 14th and the 21st and is somewhat near where i live or if i will be passing throught your town to get to the buck give me a shout im always up for riddin out with as many trucks as possible. -scott

·
P-Pumped Beast
843 Posts
show up to the buck early and meet up with us. we all set up camp at the top of the field with alot of cummins and of course there is beer/food involved also.

·
Registered
182 Posts
White99.. If you're not too far from I-78, Kempton (exit 35) has pulls late this week.. Thurs and Fri night! The pro-street diesel trucks are scheduled to run Thurs and the regular street diesel class is Friday. Last year, this was all piled up plus the tractor classes for the schedule to happen at the Friday pull.. and it did! ..and we were there until 2:30 AM too, that's no kidding, the Saturday morning newspaper beat me home, and it was getting daylight:lol3:. So this year, they somewhat split 'em up, but too bad they got the two different pickup classes on different nights.. This way, I shouldn't have to consider bringing a sleeping bag!

The Buck! yes, i will be down there this weekend and next. I'm as much of a semi-truck nut as well as the diesel pickups!:thumbsup I assume you run the turnpike in and down 283?? If so and you think you will be getting off the turnpike and onto 283 (Harrisburg area) in the neighborhood of 3:30, I'd be glad to meet up and roll down together. If interested, i can PM you my cell number for vice versa..

·
Registered
850 Posts
im gonna try n get to the buck early if i can,as for friday night kinda have plans, but i would be willing to meet up with you and who ever else to tear down the highway for saterday afternoon, i am not to familiar with driving out in pa but will try n get some directions off line without throwing me way off like they normally do. GET BLOW 5.9 your talking about this weekend right? or next weekend, either way im tryin to meet up with some cf members and b.s. NICK 283 i take it is the exit i would take for the buck ? either way lmk im up for meeting you n whoever else n i could just follow you to the buck. -scott

·
P-Pumped Beast
843 Posts
the next week, 21st for the diesel truck night. our MD group of dodges will have a rather large area along the top of the field near the woods. just come on up.

·
Registered
850 Posts
sounds good .

·
Registered
182 Posts
I got to looking at the map and you taking the turnpike into the Harrisburg area and coming down 283 would be quite out of the way and extra running. So, let's meet at the Pep Boys parking lot of Lancaster.. then I'll show you the way to The Buck. It's not far from Delta. Here's a MapQuest link with directions from New Jersey coming into PA on the turnpike (I-276/I-76 west).

MapQuest: Driving Directions: North America

It may be more helpful and give you a better insight if you fill in your local information. Let's shoot for meeting at that parking lot at 4 PM, then we should be to The Buck by 4:30 no prb.. Event doesn't start until 7 and that's plenty of time to watch the rigs roll in, check things out, mark your seats, etc.. I will PM you my cell phone number, if you get lost in the area, have trouble.. by all means, call! Thanks!

PS, At The Buck (many other places too).. I like to park in the pits. The pit pass is $5 extra.. but I guarantee nobody will mess with your rig. I park right behind the bleachers where i sit.. and simply looking over your shoulder is that guarantee!

·
Registered
850 Posts
sounds good,sent you a pm

1 - 18 of 18 Posts