Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined the forum and learned about people using 2 cycle oil. Ive been using Marvel Mystery oil in my fuel. Is this just as good ? I know old timers swear by this stuff??

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Some test show MMO does not have as much lube as 2 cycle oil yet 2 cycle oil causes problems in some of the 2005 and newer engines. You can't use any oil additives in the new 6.7 as it will cause problems with he smog junk they added on it. The reason most use any extra lube is that ULSD has less lube compared to the old LSD we use to have before 2006 and the older trucks fuel pumps need more lube then whats in todays diesel fuel. BTW 2% Bio diesel has more lube then a quart of 2 cycle oil so if you can buy it in your area then that is what you should use as its the best fuel system lube you can buy. Anyway use what ever makes you happy.

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
I just joined the forum and learned about people using 2 cycle oil. Ive been using Marvel Mystery oil in my fuel. Is this just as good ? I know old timers swear by this stuff??
Might go to the control panel and include some details about your truck in you user signature.

:welcome:

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
+1 DBLR on the biodiesel as a lubricity enhancer. Much more cost effective, also if that matters. $4 per GALLON.

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,292 Posts
If you want to ruin you fuel system use MMO... (Don't meet either standards!)

If you want to protect it use only 2 cycle oil! 474 HFRR (Meets the standards)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts