Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so today i gutted my stock intake tube going from the air box into the turbo and popped my silencer ring while i was in there. after putting it all back together i took it for a spin "sounds badass by the way" and my truck threw two codes
P0107 map sensor low
P0073 ambient temp high
i limp it back to the house and find that my air filter is absolutely filthy, brown and u cant see a bit of day light when held up to the sun. im guessing the codes were thrown by that sense turbo is breathing a little better now and demanding more air. im assuming when i replace the filter and blow out the map sensor a lil bit it should be fine right, what do yall think

by the way, i am also assuming the map sensor is what is mounted in the top of the stock air box, any info would be great

:blues:

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
The sensor your talking about is the intake air temp. The map sensor sits in the intake on the head just behind the intake horn. Two small screws and a three wire connector.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Get a new filter, clear the codes and see it they pop again. Both are real easy to change. I have never heard of an IAT sensor going bad though...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts