Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im stacking a edge ez with my smarty. I was using the quad RP gauge and boost fooler before. now that I have added the edge ez im not sure where I should connect the boost fooler and RP gauge since they use the same connectors. Should the RP gauge and boost fooler go between the ecm and the edge or between the sensor and the edge?

·
Premium Member
25,253 Posts
Mine was RP to the sensor, then EZ, then Factory harness. Do you still need the boost fooler?

Dodge | Commins | Forum

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
yeah I would say you don't actually need the fooler the smarty fools pretty good...I don't have a fooler and I pull over 40PSI on a stock HY, and Brian is right about the way the harness goes, but I would say you really don't need the EZ with the REVO push rail pressure now...I have mine on 3 and it drives around 20K PSI

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ahh theres the man I was hoping to hear from. Yeah I still need the boost fooler. I put the ez on and went for a cruise and hit about 32lbs of boost and got the overboost code. I am running the new revo smarty tune and I guess it doesnt boost fool like the quadzilla does. I have the wastegate setting at "off" too. But thanks for solving the RP gauge part for me.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah I would say you don't actually need the fooler the smarty fools pretty good...I don't have a fooler and I pull over 40PSI on a stock HY, and Brian is right about the way the harness goes, but I would say you really don't need the EZ with the REVO push rail pressure now...I have mine on 3 and it drives around 20K PSI
Which version are you running on your smarty? When i was running the aftermarket turbo software and i think beta 4.4 i didnt need the boost fooler but with the revo it looks like i will need it. I like the ez. I used the smarty for the RP first which works but I think the ez delivers the power smoother stacked with the smarty. I would like to get the gauge hooked up so I can actually see what the readings look like. I noticed when towing over the weekend I had the RP on the smarty (no ez) set at 3 and it would sit at about 20k but when I would climb a hill it would drop to around 16-18k. Is that normal?

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Which version are you running on your smarty? When i was running the aftermarket turbo software and i think beta 4.4 i didnt need the boost fooler but with the revo it looks like i will need it. I like the ez. I used the smarty for the RP first which works but I think the ez delivers the power smoother stacked with the smarty. I would like to get the gauge hooked up so I can actually see what the readings look like. I noticed when towing over the weekend I had the RP on the smarty (no ez) set at 3 and it would sit at about 20k but when I would climb a hill it would drop to around 16-18k. Is that normal?
I haven't actually seen how high my boost goes with the REVO it was with the 4.06 that I would hit over 40, but I'm not sure exactly how high it was going cause I'm using the Juice with Attitude for the gauges, and it reads through the MAP so it will only show 41...I'll have to test it out and see how high I get with REVO

·
Premium Member
25,253 Posts
Bob Wagner may want to know about the boost fooling, I thought for sure the Smarty would take care of that. I wonder if there is a problem there.

Dodge | Commins | Forum

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
yeah I'll have to check on mine, and I'll let you know

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
I am running smarty REVO with wastegate in stock position and just hit 40PSI

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I had my wastegate setting at "off"" do you think that is what the problem is? Ill try it in the "stock" position and see what happens. How much boost can you get if the smarty is working properly? I am wanting to get 60psi out of these twins if possible. Hooked the RP gauge back up and went for a test drive and saw 26820 as the high reading. I havent ever seen it that high before. Must be the ez kickin in.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
yeah man I got to thinking about that earlier I think the way that it works is when you set it in stock it fools to as much as the MAP sensor will read 41PSI if you set it in the off position you need to have a boost fooler because it is for an after market turbo which you would need a boost fooler for in the first place. That's about the best I can come up with if anybody has any differing views let me know, but it made sense to me

1 - 11 of 11 Posts