Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Premium Member
6,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was driving in the snow tonight an was going down a steep hill an i down shifted the truck to 2nd using the manuel button on the shifter an after i got to the bottom of the hill i couldnt figure out how to put it back in just normal D without going to N then to D. that doesnt seem right....
i must be stupid but when im shifting the truck manually how do i go back to just normal Drive?:confused013:

· Registered
5,521 Posts
I know with the previous models you keep pushing the + until its in drive:confused013:

· Premium Member
6,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hold the + button down and it will shiift to D.
for like a few seconds? i will try that next time i drive it.....thanks

I know with the previous models you keep pushing the + until its in drive:confused013:
doesnt seem like you should have to go through all the gears to get to D.....:confused013:

· Registered
5,521 Posts
That's how mine works. It is so you can hold every gear when ever you want to.

· Registered
5,521 Posts
Everytime you push it ,it should go up one gear change.

· Premium Member
6,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya it does that....but say i wanna stay in 4th then i wanna just go back to D an let it shift on its own......how do i get it to D without going to N first then to D

· Registered
5,521 Posts
If you push the button 1 more time after it shows 6th, it should then go to D with the square around it. Pushing the button in my truck only goes down to first gear:confused013:

· Registered
1,027 Posts
If you push the button 1 more time after it shows 6th, it should then go to D with the square around it. Pushing the button in my truck only goes down to first gear:confused013:
He knows, he's just looking for a quicker way to get it back to auto mode after using it in manual mode.

haha...im up in the mountains at my parents house...7000ft elevation:party018:
ahhh now it makes sense.

· Registered
5,521 Posts
He knows, he's just looking for a quicker way to get it back to auto mode after using it in manual mode.
Well one by one is the only way, but he said without going to N:confused013:

· Premium Member
6,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
exactly....if im in 2nd an want to do to drive do i still have to go through all the gears befor i can use DRIVE.

in my dmax i had i could just grab the shift lever an go back to D at any point....this truck is diff i guess

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.