Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a way to pull on the cables them selfs or some other way besides pulling on the lever in the cab..being possiby my parking brake is still engaged but its not set.. the truck feels like its lagging behind i feel something in the backend of the truck when i drive. i had problems with the parking brake but i thought it finally was fixed by tighten it up.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Where are you located? If you are in the cod area they be frozen or partly frozen. The only way to pull them back directly is to take the rear drum off. You could try flexing the enclosed part of the cable to loosen any ice.
Next choice would be heat gun. If this is the case once released you need to get some silicone spray in so it doesn't happen again.
If not in the cold look for damage to the cables, and look to see if the return springs at the rear brakes is working correctly.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where are you located? If you are in the cod area they be frozen or partly frozen. The only way to pull them back directly is to take the rear drum off. You could try flexing the enclosed part of the cable to loosen any ice.
Next choice would be heat gun. If this is the case once released you need to get some silicone spray in so it doesn't happen again.
If not in the cold look for damage to the cables, and look to see if the return springs at the rear brakes is working correctly.
yea iam in texas so ok i check the rear springs...where are they located on the drums?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts