Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What would you do.
I mainly use my truck for towing. Not much city driving at all. Id like to put in a manual. Just not sure which one. NV4500, NV5600, G56

· Registered
1,120 Posts
i would put some money in to the auto and stay away from the manual i have a 6 speed its cool to jam the gears but when im on the freeway im all reved out at like 70 mph and if you want all you realy have to do is a valve body torck converter and just drive smart

· Banned
1,018 Posts
i would put some money in to the auto and stay away from the manual i have a 6 speed its cool to jam the gears but when im on the freeway im all reved out at like 70 mph and if you want all you realy have to do is a valve body torck converter and just drive smart
prolly because u have 410 gearing.

It would be cheaper to buy another rig instead of swap one in your current one unless you like a big project and down time. I would say nv4500 if you plan on dragging it a lil (less gears to row) or the g56 if you tow alot for more gears to help you downshift or get rolling easier.

· Registered
75 Posts
I would go with the nv4500. I did the swap about 1 month ago and let me tell you, it was the best thing I have ever done. I only use my truck for towing and it pulls a lot harder and the best part is I barely use my brakes. With the auto before, I was going through brakes like no one's business on both the truck and the trailer. I picked the nv4500 due to its readyness of parts and the fact that if you are mechanically inclined you could over haul it yourself-therefore less downtime. Do the swap you won't regret it.

· Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As far as being "able" to do the swap that is not a problem. I have 3.54 in the rear. I should be able to do 70-75 under 2000 rpms.

· Banned
1,018 Posts
its funny how people with auto wants manual and then manual people want auto. Its like the grass is greener on the other side till you get it.

· Registered
1,366 Posts
its funny how people with auto wants manual and then manual people want auto. Its like the grass is greener on the other side till you get it.
:agree2::truck::lol3::D

· Registered
1,933 Posts
lol i totally agree!! whos got a manny and wants to do a truck stop swap?!? lol

aside from that i would say get the stick :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.