Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a'90 4x4 manual parts truck for my Ramcharger conversion, but I want to go automatic as the RC is a '90 with an OD auto. I do NOT want to go with a 727..

What all is needed to make the manual '90 6bt work with a 518 other than trans, flexplate, converter, t-case, driveshaft in a '90 ramcharger with OD auto?

And after all of that, perhaps someone would like to trade the manual assy in my truck for a nice built auto assy?

wes

·
Registered
884 Posts
you make me sick

Reactions: thechoochlyman

·
Registered
176 Posts
Your in luck buddy
I have a newly rebuilt 518 with less than 2500 miles on it and all receipts for parts, new tq converter, and labor.
Ill swap for your manual, full swap - Pedals and all.
And as far as the TPS, I have a potientometer on mine. Did away with the junk tps.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you make me sick
:agree2: Only doing it this was because the "ole lady" has to be able to drive it too.. Don't feel like replacing clutches on a regular basis.

the crazy thing is that you're not planning a 47RH
I am open to that as well, but I need to be steered in the right direction, and find a full setup to do it with..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your in luck buddy
I have a newly rebuilt 518 with less than 2500 miles on it and all receipts for parts, new tq converter, and labor.
Ill swap for your manual, full swap - Pedals and all.
And as far as the TPS, I have a potientometer on mine. Did away with the junk tps.
What all has been done to the tranny?

I will need to swap the t-case as well right?

Where in "Mormon country" are you? I have family that live in Battle Mountain, NV that I need to visit.. perhaps a good excuse.

wes

·
Registered
176 Posts
It was rebuilt with just basic borg warner parts, not stock replacement, the "heavy duty" as they say but nothing too extreme. And a shift kit. Shifts great, no leaks no problems and still has a one year warranty on it!
And im in St George, Utah.
Toss around the idea and let me know!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Still interested in doing the trade, I'll call you or PM you on here in a few days

·
Registered
52 Posts
im only converting from a nv4500 to a auto cuz i had a whole parts truck that was auto and also converting to 4x4 so yeah tired of shifting to many hills around here

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey guys, Sorry I didn't see the PM's

The truck and tranny performed flawlessly from Centrailia Washington (where I picked up the parts truck), to home in South Lake Tahoe, CA.

Now to trade the complete manual setup to someone who has a complete 91.5-93 Auto setup. Preferably built or low, easy, miles and nearby.

Potential suitors can email me at bilgerat671-AT-gmail.com

Dangedoletruck, is there a possibility of meeting part way?

Blainekaiser450, I lost your number, what was the story on your trans again?

Wes (530) FOUR ONE SIX- 1776

·
Registered
482 Posts
Blainekaiser450, I lost your number, what was the story on your trans again?
My number is 916-eight47-1604 you can call anytime after about 3 if you have any more questions! It's all stock and been on a stock truck in great shape its whole life and has 87K on it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts