Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so my inadvertently hitting the manual gear selector nearly put me in the ditch! We haven't had a dry road around here in weeks now and the one I was on was especially icy. Was coming up to a 90 degree curve so fortunately I was going pretty slow. I was fooling with the radio when all of a sudden I start getting sideways. WTF! I somehow managed to keep it on the road but crap! Look down and here I am in first gear! Sure, it was totally my fault but that thing is misplaced and way too sensitive IMO. And what's the point if you're not in tow/haul mode? What I'd like to know is if there's a way to shut it down or if anyone has come up with some other practical solution to this. If not, I suppose I'll get used to it eventually. I took a big step in that direction today.:doh:

·
MMMM......BACON!!!
2,652 Posts
it does take some getting used to. coming from a manual, i drive with my hand on the column shifter. i hit it by accident sometimes, too.

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
Hand's on the wheel @10 n 2 not on shifter lol

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I agree it should be somewhere else, I think it should be on the steering wheel like the the EVIC selectors. My gear selector switches are not sensitive at all, I have to push it several times to get it to react......I hate that!

·
Registered
464 Posts
I liked the shifter on my 08 better than the 2010. Sometimes when I try to downshift on my 2010 I have to hit the button several times, the 08 did it immediately. Not sure if I have a glitch or that's just the way they are.
yep i messed around with it the other day and i had to almost hold it down to down shift but shifting up was no problem :confused013:

·
Registered
742 Posts
We'll don't do that.

:hehe::newb::rof
That's called operator error.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
386 Posts
Don't matter where you put the switch people still complain. The EB switch is too far away , The gear selector is too close , the headrest bugs me, i don't get 20 mpg with my one ton tow vehicle :CRY::CRY:

Hey those are all my complaints to :doh::confused013:

·
World Champs!!!
24,829 Posts
The 2010 Mega I drove in Vegas reacted quick when I tapped it. I fell in love...it was just about perfect in my opinion.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Something happened to me going about 25 mph with the EB on.... about 10" of snow. Not fun. I have a habit of resting my hand on the shifter...... need to stop it.

·
Registered
13,691 Posts
The EB will do the same thing if you are running it on icy or snow covered roads.

·
Registered
24 Posts
start in higher gear

That shifter is good for down shifting, but why can't we use it to start in higher gear, sometimes in mud or snow I want to start in 2nd gear to prevent wheel spin. Can't do it with this truck.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts