Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So recently bought a 06 2500 st with manual everything. And am looking to make it all power. Thought process was find complete doors and just swap the guts and wiring out, and resell the doors with the manual stuff. Obviously it's going to be a bit more expensive then say aftermarket venues however to me it's simple and should be bolt on. Which leads me to my question. Should all the wiring, short of the actual wiring in the door itself, be there and just stashed away behind panels?

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Its possble. The main harness runs underneath the carpet and should be wired for all applications. The secondary harnesses (i.e. that plug into said main harness and run through the doors etc.) could be possibly whats wired differently.
Going off of an unrelated subject of fog lights...My current truck wasnt sold/bought with factory fog's, but the harness plug was hanging right where its supposed to if my truck were to have them.
I'd say, count all the harness wires pre-plug, and then count all wires post plug. Also, a wiring diagram would help to determine what wires are what in your door.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So the main harness should be there. However the wires from the harness to the doors may not be there correct?

Anyone know where I could find thplugs stashed for this?

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
thats what i would think. If i remember correctly the door harnesses should plug in behind the two kick panels just below the dash on either side.

·
Nudebie
137 Posts
May have to get the computer reflashed to get the power door locks working. I swapped a 04 ST to power and everything worked but the door locks after much research that's what I was able to come up with. Some sort of security that needed to be unlocked. Sold the truck before I figured it out.

Like posted above harness will have to be replaced from front kick panel back.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now the harness from the kick panel back, is that 1 long under the carpet type of harness? Or just a few small ones going to each door?

·
Nudebie
137 Posts
Now the harness from the kick panel back, is that 1 long under the carpet type of harness? Or just a few small ones going to each door?
It's one big one similar to this...

this is for a Dakota

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That makes sense what the offical name of this harness?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts