Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Swapped my 05 too a 5 speed finally getting the interior pieces buttoned up however the cubby where the cup holders used to be makes contact with the bottom of the shifter right where it screws into the tower and it's nothing that prevents shifting but it's still contact , I got the cubby piece out of an 04 that had a 5 speed...could the shifter be different? the trans is from a 2000 cummins. The swap was easy but this has left me scratching my head....any inputs greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I believe the 5 spd came in the 03-04 standard output only. Maybe just even in just the 03.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They were offered up to 04 but I'm told they're a very rare truck, be that as it may I used the factory stamping in the floor for cutting the hole and it lined up with the shift tower exactly as it should which is why I'm wondering about the shifter itself

·
World Champs!!!
24,232 Posts
You still have the fold-down cupholders? Mine is an auto, but has the floor console like a manual would, and there is a recess where the fold-down cupholders would normally reside...the trim there is a bit different.

Where is it hitting? Pics would be great

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll take some pics as soon as I get home in a few days, I'm really trying to avoid taking a dremel too my truck just thinking maybe there was a difference between the width of the sticks where it screws into the trans, could a short throw help my situation?

·
Registered
542 Posts
when i swapped mine to a G56 i had the same issue would touch the trim where the old cup holders was i even re bent my shifter to bend awat still made contact so wound up trimming

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.