Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to help out a Friend who has a 08 running a late 5.9 manifold and Phatshaft 66 with a 5" TBE system that's all junk/rusted/broken IE needs replaced. Can a turbo back system from a 10+ bolt up correctly with the different manifolds ?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Hi 2010 exhaust with a 6.7 that was made for a stock truck with a HE351VE VGT turbo have a different turbo flange/down pipe. I think he will need a downpipe made for a Phatshaft 66 i think its the same as a s300 borgwarner flange but you will need to check to make sure, i would think that he could find a complete setup for a Phatshaft 66 he will just have to look around to get the right downpipe kit.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he's contacted Industrial Injection about what issue he could have and they haven't responded to email and he couldn't get anyone on the phone as of yet.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Hi does the truck have a cast elbow off the back of the turbo or is it downpipe right off the back of turbo?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe it has a cast elbow. I can have him send me a picture of it if there’s somehow to attach it to a post.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Hi if it has the elbow any 2004.5/2007 exhaust kit should fit. Here is a picture of the stock 2005 elbow.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the picture. His does look a little different, it really sure how to post a pic up here anymore since photobucket changed

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Is that 5 inch all the way including the down pipe? I wonder if that is a stock elbow just rotated different it hard to tell from that picture?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It’s all 5”
I can try to have him send me a better picture tomorrow afternoon with more sunlight

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
here is some better pictures of a stock cast elbow. Turbo side has little pins and closest to the clamp in the pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
one more, the side with the little pins is the turbo side.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
The more i look at your picture i don't think that is a stock elbow on his truck. I don't see the cast notches on the side like a stock elbow has.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i'll try to have him get a picture from under the truck looking at the down pipe and that elbow to get more clarrification

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The elbow is a holset.
The new down pipe bolts up without issues. Without any instructions it presents a challenge. But will hopefully finish tomorrow. Rear fitment for the Y pipe and connecting pipes is becoming a struggle

Hopefully pics tomorrow night

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Hi glad you got it figured out. So it uses a cast elbow from a 2005/07 5.9 or is cast elbow from a 2008 6.7 up? I would guess it's a 2005/07.

·
Ducati M.
6,818 Posts
The 07.5+ Cast elbow uses an hx40 flange, which is also what most s300’s are cut to. The 03-07 flange is a lot bigger than that. Just FYI.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Dman i know a 2004.5 to 07 5.9 turbo is a bigger outlet. So even if it was a 2008 with 6.7 vgt turbo with a cast elbow the outlet flange would be hx40? I thought a vgt had a different outlet than hx40.

·
Ducati M.
6,818 Posts
All the 6.7’s use the same turbo. In 13 they changed the electrical connector, and name, but nothing is different dimensionally.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
so all vgt turbos have a hx40 then, i didn't realize that.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts