Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 08 6.7 for a couple months and its almost 4500 miles on it. it is completely stock except for the hood and some tint. i have the afe stage 2 but havent installed it. today while doing normal driving the malfunction indicator light came on. all guages on the dash are fine and havent changed and the truck is driving normally. im going to bring it to the dealer tomorrow and see whats up but i was wondering if you guys had any idea what it could be?

thanks for the help

J-Mo

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i rolled it forward like you said left it then it blinked for 5 sec and stayed on. the stayed on after starting.

J-Mo

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anybody???

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys i got the code

92262-turbocharger Boost Pressure Not Detected - Mechanical

looks like ill be having fun at the dealer tomorrow

J-Mo

·
Registered
479 Posts
You'll get to be an expert pretty soon on the codes. At least that's my ownership experience - many codes. Sometimes the key trick doesn't display a code, even with the MIL lit. I bought a cheap code scanner at Walmart and it was worth the $45. You can clear a code, just to see if it was a fluke. If it comes back right away you still need to visit the dealer but sometimes you get lucky and you don't see the code again for a long time.

·
Registered
479 Posts
thanks guys i got the code

92262-turbocharger Boost Pressure Not Detected - Mechanical

looks like ill be having fun at the dealer tomorrow

J-Mo
P2262. They'll probably try to clean the soot out of the turbo but it probably will come back and they'll replace the turbo eventually. I think the turbo variable geometry nozzle goes through a cycle each time you turn on the key and the computer tries to run the nozzle through it's full travel. If it doesn't go through the full travel or if it goes beyond full travel code P2262 is thrown. A genuine technician can give you a better answer - I'm just an owner.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well thanks for all the info...ill be at the dealer tomorrow to see what the say

J-Mo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts