Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Yes i have researched this. Its called HHO, or brown's gas. Its not hydrogen like a lot of companies claim. Its simply you splitting the atoms of H20 into HHO. Yes it burns, and burns hot but its not a energy efficent fuel source. It takes more energy than it returns. Also a diesel engine would have to be modified to do this. Remember your engine is a CI or compression ignition engine. Your engine works on the principle of compressing air (a gas) to a point it heats up and can flash the atomized fuel mixture injected into it. HHO is a gas so you can pump it right through the injectors. You could very well use it as assist unit, kind of like propane or nitrous but to what point? You are more likely to see better gains with the propane than the hho. Getting true hydrogen from water is possible just not efficent. There are lots of rumors about this. Yes a car can be made to run on water, can this company do it right? Doubt it. Is it worth it, i say no. If it was this easy engineers wouldn't be devoting countless hours into hydrogen fuel cells, etc. Try bio-diesel is you want a real alternative fuel.

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,292 Posts
The problem I see with all tis is it always enough to power a very small car like 3,000 pounds...

But out here in rural America you need a serious power source that is capable of powering a Cummins Diesel towing 13,000 or even hauling 9,000 pounds of firewood...

So far I've haven't seen a single fuel that has more BTU's than good old #2 diesel. Even Bio fuels (Bio diesel and ethanol) fall short...:w:

I'm going to stick to #2 Diesel and 2 cycle oil... (Check sig)...

·
Registered
393 Posts
Well I chumped it up and bought the instructions. I figure $50 buck for snake oil... what the hell. PM me if you want to take a look.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
So far I've haven't seen a single fuel that has more BTU's than good old #2 diesel. Even Bio fuels (Bio diesel and ethanol) fall short...:w:
Biodiesel does not have the same bang per gallon as dino diesel but of all the alternatives I like it the best.

Anybody else get the girl in the lower corner of the screen??

·
Registered
99 Posts
Just A FYI Air Products is leading the way in Hydrogen Power for Vehicles. They have buses that run on thier campus by Hydrogen. Just a matter of time. They lead the way with Nitrogen Fill for tires and know Hydrogen for motors:beer
Mike

·
Registered
806 Posts
We bought the directions but haven't had a chance to build it yet?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts