Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had edge J/A in, started to have a problem with very black smoke and it was running away when i pressed the throtle. pulled chip now it is blowing white smoke and as soon as i touch the throtle rpm wont drop

after pulling the chip showing codes P0202
P0201
P2146
P2149
P0205
P0206
P0203
And P0204

HELP Please

·
Registered
29 Posts
the P0201-6 codes are for each cylinder saying the injection Control circuit is malfunctioning. then the P2146 is "Fuel Injector Group A supply Voltage ckt Open" and p2149is "Fuel Injector Group B supply Voltage ckt Open"
You may have cracked an injector body or smoked a solenoid which is the more likely of the two

·
Registered
210 Posts
from the codes sounds like the soleniods on the injectors are messed up, most of the time a cracked injector wont throw a code.

·
Registered
29 Posts
most of the time a cracked injector wont throw a code.
Yea you are right on that I was just thinking about the smoke and runaway and not returning to idle could be caused by a cracked body in their worst of conditions

·
Registered
29 Posts
go to dynomite diesel's website and click on the "TECH" section and it will show you the whole R&R process

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if it is cracked wont shards fall into the cylnder?

·
Registered
29 Posts
no usually when the body cracks it is actually kind of hard to even see with the naked eye...but you know...this day and age anything is possible

·
Registered
29 Posts
if you want a good solid answer on injector problems I would call out to Dynomite Diesel and talk to lenny 360-794-7974. he is the one that will give you the most accurate info on that problem...They are huge on injectors out there, last time I was out there they have walls and walls of BOSCH boxes....'bout messed my pants:butt:

·
Registered
29 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
true thanks for the info...... also when i un plug the injectors in the center it makes no differance but if i pull the plugs form the front or back harness the motor runs rougher. and in two instances while playing with the wires in the center one it wants to run normal but just for a second

im at a loss

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
if it is cracked wont shards fall into the cylnder?
not necessarily I would say you shouldn't crank it anymore if one is cracked that bad it's probably dumping fuel into the cylinder...check your oil and see if there is any fuel in it, or if you have more than you should...that is a pretty common symptom that it's an injector.

·
Registered
29 Posts
it could be that you need to reflash the PCM and see if that fixes it...I'm tellin you call and talk to Lenny he will probably know exactly what to do and he will tell what he would do first and the last thing he would do so it narrows it down

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks i called lenny and he recomended to change the injs. thanks a million

1 - 20 of 35 Posts