Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if I should have gone with the Carli Performance 2.0 kit again. I didn't initially since I spend 90% of my time on streets and my off-roading is very light/non-agressive.

Has anyone gone from the starter to the 2.0 kit here that can offer feedback between the two? Curious mostly since I can just add the shocks/mounts/straps and *voila* Perf2.0 done. Honestly I don't want to do this if any road gains are minimal at best. I can see the need for the 7100/external resovoirs for off-road heat cycling but I won't need that aspect. If the valving and dampener action are much better(for the street) then I'm all ears.

The Starter with the 5100s are a big improvement over stock don't get me wrong. The tinkerer in me though remains curious on the 7100s. Thanks for any feedback.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
the 7100 is slightly better, due to the valving being TUNED to the spring rate.my previous truck had 5100, and my current has 7100. i can say that there is a difference but i also have better coils this time. if i was to do it again, i would probably due the 5100 and put the funds else were. 99.9% of my driving is on road, and my truck ISNT a daily driver, it is still firm but not harsh. i would like to ride in a truck with my setup and a 5100 to really tell, but overall i am more than happy with the ride.

·
Premium Member
1,962 Posts
5100's feal firm on the little things in the road but fealt smooth on the bigger stuff. Granted I used them temporarily on the back of my truck that has full leafs.

I went out and hit some decent trails with them and they worked fine, but I had a much larger shock up front. Personally I would atleast want something that can dampen the front end a little more then a 5100 can.

Nice thing is you can run the 5100's if you think you need more shock then you can upgrade to the 7100's at any time. Since the 7100's can be valved by Carli that were able to get super smooth on road and get rid of the choppy feeling you get in a 5100all while maintaining great offroad capabilites...

There getting the bigger shocks to work even better on road while being bullet proof off..

·
Registered
31 Posts
The 7100 shocks should be quite an improvement over the 5100 shocks. We revisited the tuning for the 7100's back in November to increase the ride quality over our previous set up we were selling. The difference was a big improvement. The majority of the small "chatter" is now gone. When the 7100's are tuned properly, there really is no comparison to the 5100's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts