Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
noticed a small puddle under the truck in the driveway yesterday morning.. I started the truck and it was coming out pretty bad.. 1-2 nice drips every second.. at first inspection I thought it was the hose coming from the bottom of the radiator where it meets the engine.. I took off my inner fender to have a better look and it is comming somewhere from the motor itself and running down the side of the block, i have looked and looked, but I just cant see from exaclty where.. I pulled the dipstick and the oil smelled kind of funny but was not frothy white or mlky at all..drove a couple of short trips and it drove fine didnt overheat and the heater was pushing heat.. what are the possible scenarios and where should I start? funds are really limited as I just bought the truck and within 1500mi I had to put a clutch in.. so dropping it off at the stealership is not an option...

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think it is leaking from the bottom of the water pump? or what I belive to be the water pump.. its driven off of the serpintine.. it has been sitting all night and now drips once about every 6-8 seconds... does this mean a new gasket or do I have to replace the whole pump?
the reason I posted in the 911 urgent section is because this truck feeds my family and makes my mortgage payment.. I really cant afford for it to be down long for repairs... will I be able to drive it for a day or two until I repair it (keeping it toped off of course) or would I be risking major damage??, just incase it takes a day or two to get parts or something like that...

·
Buck Ofama
1,342 Posts
Just had the same problem 3 weeks ago. I just went to autozone and got a new pump with a lifetime warranty for $80 it took 45 min to put on and it cured the leak. Dove mine leaking from South Carolina to New Mexico with it leaking. Just keep adding to your resivoir.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts