Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
White Lightning
14,286 Posts
All that did was take me to the main site.
DOWNLOAD A RECENT OWNER'S MANUAL FOR FREE
....and you can select a model year and vehicle, and then click on a downloadable owner's manual and diesel supplement. :thumbsup:

Reactions: nick00less

·
Registered
9,113 Posts
....and you can select a model year and vehicle, and then click on a downloadable owner's manual and diesel supplement. :thumbsup:
What he said

Sorry man that link I posted was supposed to take you to the service manual section of Ram's website.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ENGINE BREAK-IN RECOMMENDATIONS

NOTE: Light duty operation such as light trailer towing or no load operation will extend the time before the engine is at full efficiency. Reduced fuel economy and power may be seen at this time.
For additional vehicle break-in requirements, refer to “Trailer Towing” in “Starting And Operating” of the Owners Manual.
Because of the construction of the Cummins® turbo- charged diesel engine, engine run-in is enhanced by loaded operating conditions which allow the engine parts to achieve final finish and fit during the first 6,000 miles (10 000 km).

SO BASICALLY THAT IS SAYING IT IS BETTER TO DO SOME TOWING WHILE BREAKING IT IN? LIKE HAULING A SMALLER CAR

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Oil and filter is 15k or 6 months. I change every 10k miles and do fuel filters at the same time. Aisin fluid change is 30k and fluid and filters is 60k. Axle is 30k. CCV filter is 60k. EGR cooler is 60k I believe. ...Changed my air filter at 30k...It didn't look to bad... currently I have 32k on the truck.

·
Registered
897 Posts
:agree2: I have read them twice so far and I'm sure i will read them a couple more times as my Ram 3500 is being built.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oil and filter is 15k or 6 months. I change every 10k miles and do fuel filters at the same time. Aisin fluid change is 30k and fluid and filters is 60k. Axle is 30k. CCV filter is 60k. EGR cooler is 60k I believe. ...Changed my air filter at 30k...It didn't look to bad... currently I have 32k on the truck.

How expensive is it to do this stuff?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
How expensive is it to do this stuff?

Not sure on exact numbers...I buy all my filters in bulk from Geno's Garage. Oil change I'd estimate runs 75-85 dollars... I do run full synthetic and premium Stratapore filters... Fuel filters run about 100 for both if memory serves me correct. Transmission fluid was something like 127 ...but I got a 2.5 gallon box from the dealer. It's really not that bad ...... if you can afford the truck you can afford the maintenance.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not sure on exact numbers...I buy all my filters in bulk from Geno's Garage. Oil change I'd estimate runs 75-85 dollars... I do run full synthetic and premium Stratapore filters... Fuel filters run about 100 for both if memory serves me correct. Transmission fluid was something like 127 ...but I got a 2.5 gallon box from the dealer. It's really not that bad ...... if you can afford the truck you can afford the maintenance.

Yea I agree. I just want to make sure of what I am getting into for it being my first diesel.
I am more concerned with the DPF stuff.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Don't worry about the emissions gear. You add a little DEF every now and then....which is quite affordable. The system takes care of itself.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts