Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to order some of these (whats the best place).....for my trackbar and steering arm....i need 4 i think..

Have u guys had any luck with them...and do they work as well as advertised....?

Genos garage sells them so i figure they cant be complete junk....

Was looking at running these or the bd heavy duty trackbar....

and i looked my trackbar is not a moog....

Thanks

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I have one on the track bar. Seems to be great. It is tight and adjustable. Was kind of tricky to getthe old ball out of the socket. It looked like the hole saw would work, but I might have beem better using the grinder. I did have to shave the end of the track bar on the front edges to get Luke's to fit completly but it went right on. Maybe it was a burr....I also installed Lukes bushing on the track bar as well. It has been about 5,000 miles so far.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Mine's about a year old and hasn't fallen off yet!:party018: Sure seemed like a sensible option instead of replacing the whole setup!
John

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've had Luke's on my track bar for 4 years and 50 kmiles, still as good as new :thumbsup:

When I bought my truck, I also got a new track bar since the original was shot (now with Luke's), but it was a waste of money. Really weak material, you could easily see it flex as one turned the steering wheel. And it was shot in less than a year on a stock street driven truck.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info guys.....i think all be running one on my steering arm and on the track bar......

·
Registered
28 Posts
luke link

My 97 4x4 has 413,000 miles on it rebult the whole front end with lukes link 13,000 on rebuld not a problem
Don O

·
Registered
130 Posts
I just got done installing one on my track bar and it has worked good so far. Very easy to install. If you can get help putting the track bar back in I would recommend it. I think it took me about 20 minutes to install the kit on the track bar though.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I had no trouble installing mine but have read of guys needing to use a ratchet strap or "come along" to aline the body over the axle.

Floyd

·
Premium Member
16,224 Posts
I had no trouble installing mine but have read of guys needing to use a ratchet strap or "come along" to aline the body over the axle.

Floyd
All it takes is another person to steer the wheel a slight bit while the other person guides it on.
I've installed at least ten Luke's over the past five years or so, not one came back with complaints.

·
Registered
64 Posts
luke's links

5.......there are 5 spots to put the links. I'm doin my track bar this weekend. Good luck, Paul

1 - 11 of 11 Posts