Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have one? if so how does it hold up? any good or bad would be helpful

·
Mule Barn Proprietor
11,118 Posts
I bought my truck w/ 120K miles on it. I assume the clutch that was in it was what it came with. I replaced it with a Valair. The "stocker" was stamped LUK. Did they come with LUK clutches from the factory, or did mine get an early replacement?

But to answer your question, I would spend my money on a Valair or Southbend. I am happy with the holding capability of my Valair single. Wish I would have gone double though!!!

Oh yeah, My LUK was slipping at around 260 hp while towing.

·
Registered
110 Posts
hahaha do not buy this clutch it sucks! i completely fried one at a truck pull..

·
Rescue Tower
10,826 Posts
hahaha do not buy this clutch it sucks! i completely fried one at a truck pull..
Well that just makes you look dumb. Nobody including Luk says their clutches are built for that kind of abuse. And yes it is abuse... :doh:

Reactions: samuelscreech

·
Registered
110 Posts
well yeah i know they arent made for that! but that was shortly after i put 150's and a bd special on my truck .. it was starting to slip real bad in 5th and 6th so a new clutch was in order.. just havin some fun before i replaced it with a valair!

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have had mine for a few years now and I like it. No it's not a valair or an but for the money it is pretty good

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the info. the guy at the shop said it's good for 450-500hp he said the break in period is the main thing?

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
thanks for the info. the guy at the shop said it's good for 450-500hp he said the break in period is the main thing?

I doubt that..

·
Rescue Tower
10,826 Posts
Probably a better question is what do you intend on doing with your truck?

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
My stock clutch was a LUK also. Im sure it's a good clutch if you are looking for a stock replacement for a stock truck. I replaced mine at around 100,000 miles...I had just put the comp on it a couple of months prior to the clutch starting to slip.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts