Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Snap On is high quality but they are THE most over-priced tool in the history of the Galaxy.

Their mark-up is mostly because they carry their own paper and partly because they're a store-on-wheels and partly because they're convenient for the average shade-tree whose credit went South somewhere around the same time as their second marriage. Which is cool. I'm not being judgemental.

You go to a Dealer, where the real money is for employee-mechanics, and you'll see an awfull lot of OTC stuff -- Ingersoll Rand, Home Depot, Lowes, HF, etc.

Not saying Snap On doesn't make good stuff. They do. Just that it's incredibly over-priced.

·
Registered
6,205 Posts
Snap On is high quality but they are THE most over-priced tool in the history of the Galaxy.

Their mark-up is mostly because they carry their own paper and partly because they're a store-on-wheels and partly because they're convenient for the average shade-tree whose credit went South somewhere around the same time as their second marriage. Which is cool. I'm not being judgemental.

You go to a Dealer, where the real money is for employee-mechanics, and you'll see an awfull lot of OTC stuff -- Ingersoll Rand, Home Depot, Lowes, HF, etc.

Not saying Snap On doesn't make good stuff. They do. Just that it's incredibly over-priced.
You only get what you pay for. Don't get me wrong. I have many brands, but my best will be Snap On, Actually it's labeled Caterpillar.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well, while Snap-On does have hydraulic impact wrenches, I don't think HF does. So no comparison in that department.
But "that department" doesn't matter, we just need an accurate torque wrench that repeatedly delivers the correct torque amount and the Icon stuff has been proven to do a better job than Snap On in this area.

·
Registered
13,227 Posts
But "that department" doesn't matter, we just need an accurate torque wrench that repeatedly delivers the correct torque amount and the Icon stuff has been proven to do a better job than Snap On in this area.
My mistake. I thought we were discussing hydraulic impacts there, not torque wrenches.

Reactions: 7492
81 - 88 of 88 Posts