Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i was wondering if the lucas additive is any good to run? or what kind should i run? and where can i get it?

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
i run 1 quart of the lucas oil oil stabilizer with 10 quarts regualr oil..it makes it heavier duty..but i dont know about their fuel additives..as far as im concerned it just makes the cost to fill up a tank more expensive

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Their fuel additives do nothing. They ranked near the bottom in a publication of additives. I even tested it. My injectors were sticking, I used some, and no change. Then I got some Stanadyne Performance Formula. Haven't had an injector stick since. Plus it cleans the fuel system. It's also made by folks that make fuel injection systems. My rule of thumb is not to buy any additive from Wal-Mart or the "cookie cutter" auto stores.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
where can i get that stuff?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
If you have a fuel injection shop you may be able to get it there. If not, you can order from genosgarage.com or diesel manor. I'm sure there are other places online. I have a shop here. Genos has a good price though.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I will not put Lucas oil additive in my engine but I do like there fuel additive as it has worked great to clean up injectors.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
can i get that stuff in canada anywheres?

·
Registered
434 Posts
From what i have experienced...Lucas is not good at cleaning injectors OR fuel. It DOES however, work great at lubricating your fuel system, Injectors, pumps, etc. RBP has a great additive from what i have heard, that claims a 10% increase in fuel mileage...if its true...i cannot say for sure.

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
hi i was wondering if the lucas additive is any good to run? or what kind should i run? and where can i get it?
BIO diesel is the best...:lol3:

The lower the HFRR number the better it is! :thumbsup

Anything above 520 HFRR is NOT SUGGESTED!

Anything between 460 and 520 HFRR meets Gov't Standards!

Anything below 460 HFRR meets both manufacture and gov't standards!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts