Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is anyone running this size on their dually? just wondering if i can get some pics....is this a good idea for a dually? lookin mainly for these because i want to kill the 4.10's and get better fuel mileage

·
Registered
191 Posts
did they not come stock on your truck. i thought they all did after 2000. but anyways ive got 235 85 16 bfg mud terrains on mine and it looks good i think.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Stock Tires on 07.5 dually

The 07.5 dually trucks came stock with a LT235/80/R17 load range E tire made by General

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I have 285 75R16 BFG Mud terrains on my dually I think it looks alot better when the tires stick out of the fenders a couple of inches.:thumbsup

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well really, i am lookin for a taller tire to get me a little bit better milage....i have 235 75 16 now and they are just too small..... lookin for somethin taller but not wider, not really wantin to run spacers

·
Registered
882 Posts
I ran a set on my 99. Didn't like them at all, and changed back. Seemed not as sure footed towing a load. BTW I saw no change in mpg.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ill be honest, i have a 3500 but i normally dont tow much more than 12000.... will they offset my odometer much? iam hopin for a little better than 56 mph at 2000rpm

·
Registered
882 Posts
Using a gear/tire calculator I came up with an increase of 3.57mph going from a 235/75 to a 235/85, I guess if you need tires the switch is ok. But I sure would not buy tires just to get that. Maybe for the cool factor and extra height look into 19.5's?? If not there is also always a gear swap, I had 3.55's in my 99 5 speed and fuel economy was good and it pulled anything I hooked to it.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i def need tires, i bought the truck knowing it needed tires...it still has the stock michelin ltx's on the back and some junk off brands on the front...shes def due for some new shoes...i appreciate ur help haulin

·
Banned
393 Posts
Nitto makes some nice skins that are highway tires, but have good tread on them. They look more like a AT than a highway tread. They are called Highway grapplers. You can get them on Discount tires direct for a reasonable price. And they are a sight sponsor!!

·
Registered
882 Posts
Here is a couple shots of 2nd gens with 19.5's to tempt you:lol3::lol3::lol3:

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
my 2WD on 325/85/16's. 1.5" leveling kit up front. Absolutely the biggest I could fit without it rubbing the fender liner when I turn.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
and some pics of the clearance.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts