Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about going from my Skyjacker 4.5 inch lift kit down to a 2.5 inch leveling kit. I just really do not have a reason to keep it lifted, besides I just keep wearing everything out and losing fuel mileage.

My only concern was currently I have longer suspension arms for the 4.5 inch kit and a drop for the track bar. If I was to go down to a 2.5 inch level kit, can I still use the same suspension arms or would I have to get factory ones again? I know I would take out the drop for the track bar to reset it back to factory height and I would have to get a new pitman arm since mine has got a 4 inch drop to it.

·
Registered
756 Posts
How much you want for your lift if you sell it? Can you post pics of your truck? Thanks I been looking I think you will need factory ones because the longer control arms will push the Axel forward I may be wrong tho.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i have 2.5 level kit ill trade my components for yours

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How much you want for your fit if yu sell it? Can you post pics of your truck? Thanks I been looking I think you will need factory ones because the longer control arms will push the Axel forward I may be wrong tho.
Not sure of a price for everything. I may not even do it depending on the costs if I have to buy new suspension arms since I bought the truck with the kit. I will try to get some pictures later on. Camera dead at the moment. Yea that was what I was afraid of but just wanted to clarify. I am going to get springs that have 2.5" built into them instead of the blocks alot of people use. So I am not sure.

i have 2.5 level kit ill trade my components for yours
What kind of kit is it? What kind of shocks do you have on it?

·
Banned
8,193 Posts
I would be worried about how the drop track bar bracket mounts. Some companies will drill out the original taper of the track bar mount to run a bolt through, that way they dont have to supply you with a taperd sleave. it saves them about 2 cents....but you can never go back to a stock track bar. just something to think about.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.