Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was driving the other day, stopped at a stop light and the truck died on me. While sitting in the middle of the road, I cycled the key and found no codes. I then tried to start it and the truck fired right up. Without throwing any codes, I figured something weird just happened considering the truck ran fine for the rest of the night and the next few days.

Fast forward to today....I went out to start the truck this afternoon and the truck would just crank and crank. I looked down at the quad fuel/rail pressure gauge and my fuel psi was 12-14 psi. I flipped it over to the rail pressure and while cranking it would not go over 30-40psi. So I jump out of the truck, unplug the ez completely, and the truck starts right up with rail pressure like normal.

Has anyone else had a problem with the ez causing low rp and a no start? I did buy it used, but the box it came in said for 04.5 and up, so I dont think thats the problem. Tomorrow I will give edge a call and see what they say.

· Registered
1,105 Posts
I hear that's an issue with the Edge. Mine went into limp mode and set missfire codes. I could tap on the box and it would work then not work. Unplugged it and sent it back to Edge. Haven't had any issues with the new one yet. Knock on wood!

· Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting. I had not read that about them. I just wanted to try something a little different than the mp8 for pressure. Was edge helpful when you sent yours back?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.