Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today i looked at my fuel pressure gauge while going down the road and when i put my foot in it the guage would go down to 7psi and at idle im only gettin 11psi. I used to get around 14 idle and around 10 with my foot in it. Whats wrong? I havent checked for codes or anything yet. But i already have the FASS. And this is with the comp out im not running the comp anymore. Im gona check the hose that leads to the fp guage tommorow maybe theres a leak or somthing but ill let u guys know but in the meantime what are some other possibilities of my fuel pressure being low?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Overflow valve could be stuck or malfunctioning.

Ops

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
replace the filters and re-check pressure, if you have not done so already

·
Registered
9 Posts
replace the filters and re-check pressure, if you have not done so already
Filters include the ones inside the tank. I just pulled my tank because of low pressure issues and found that the cylindrical filter in the draw tube was completely covered by something that looks like chewing tobacco.
I did this after assuring myself that all external (outside the tank) parts of the fuel system were functioning properly, and I still couldn't get flow from the tank
I disconnected the suction line from the tank and stuck the end of it into a gallon can of fuel and, surprise, surprise, all kind of pressure and flow to the IP. So make sure the problem isn't in the tank before you go replacing things that aren't broken :$:
I'm firmly convinced that the intank filter clogging is what caused me to replace the VP44 and install a FASS lift pump.
I'm in the process of replacing the stock draw tube and I'll let the FASS filters catch any junk, cause they are easier and less expensive to change.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just replaced the fuel filters a couple weeks ago. Im gona check for leaks tomm.

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts