Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Favorite Tuner Option

• A tuner for a delete kit that is code free adds no power and adds MPG under $400.

Votes: 49 49.0%
  • A tuner for a delete kit that adds power and cost $700 or more like the XRT and Smarty.

Votes: 50 50.0%
  • No tuner just a delete kit and ignore the CEL and overhead messages or clear codes.

Votes: 1 1.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
A lot of people have been asking about getting a tuner that makes a truck code free and does not add any power and in return would have a low cost point. This poll is for that purpose.

·
Diesel freak!!
200 Posts
IMO I think another option should be a full color digital guage package that eliminates the dpf and egr code free but doesn't add power. Maybe between $400 and $700?

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
Poll open again. Please vote away. My vote is in.
Please do not turn this into a SMARTY XRT bashfest. :thumbsup:
actually dad,im going to order my smarty in the next couple days .. heehawww..

·
Registered
136 Posts
Where is the between $400 and $700 option? Smarty cost less then $700 unless S&H is added in.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
interesting poll choices...

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I used $700 as a general round number. Thanks guys for submitting your answer this is turning into an interesting result.

·
Registered
304 Posts
My vote is for tuner under $400 with no power no codes and a lots of MPG...:shock:... If nothing comes out in few months..I would buy a Smart-S67 bacause thats $115 cheaper and exactly same features as XRT if not more:S:

·
Registered
966 Posts
Sad Story

I wish someone would create option one.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I wish someone would create option one.
They do its called the smarty!!!! Someone asked if Marco could put stock power level in SW0 and he did it for them!!! So this would be what youre looking for !!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
i think if you call h & S they can send a tune free xrt that will take care of all the codes but when your done you have to send it back.. and i think its only like 20 buckss..

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They do its called the smarty!!!! Someone asked if Marco could put stock power level in SW0 and he did it for them!!! So this would be what youre looking for !!!
No they do not make one for less than $400. That is the whole point. A lot of us would just like a option to buy a product that does not add power, but adds mpg for a low price point. Smarty could sell one, and charge $400 and leave out the increase power options.

·
Registered
749 Posts
No they do not make one for less than $400. That is the whole point. A lot of us would just like a option to buy a product that does not add power, but adds mpg for a low price point. Smarty could sell one, and charge $400 and leave out the increase power options.
Worst case Why dont you Just buy the smarty and put SW3 on which is only 30 HP I believe!! This wont hurt your truck at all unless your right foot is, glued to the floor all the time!!! And if you want to pay $400.00 for something like that make a request to MARCO or Bob Wagner and see if they can help you out!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hey Sorry there had one too many rums when I posted and didnt think it threw before I posted!! You are right should be 60!!! But have never seen that tune always run SW7 which is 130!!!! Did I get that right ken white !!!

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Smarty tuning values...

Software number Zero,
About half the power of a stock software. Use it whenever reduced power is desired or when you have to make sure that NO SMOKE is produced .

Software number One,
30 Horsepower increase with additional timing.

Software number Two,
***60 horsepower increase without additional timing.

Software number Three ,
60 horsepower increase with additional timing. (Highest save level for a stock automatic transmission)

Software number Four,
***90 Horsepower increase without additional timing.

Software number Five,
90 Horsepower increase with additional timing. (Highest save level for a stock clutch / Manual transmission)

Software number Six,
***130 Horsepower increase without additional timing.

Software number Seven,
130 Horsepower increase with additional timing.

°°°Software number Eight,
***170 Horsepower increase without additional timing.

°°°Software number Nine,
170 Horsepower increase with additional timing.

°°° Do not use for prolonged high speed runs! Speeds exceeding approx 105Mph can result in high exhaust gas temperatures and damage the Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) !!!

*** All even numbered software's ( 2-4-6-8 ) without added timing are to be used for stacking with other after market power adding devices that also add their own timing. NO additional timing has to be used with the odd numbered software's ( 1-3-5-7-9 )! Severe engine damage will result!!!!

·
Registered
966 Posts
Mileage

What would be cool is if XRT and/or Smarty would sell the programmer with just the delete software (DPF and EGR) for a couple hundred bucks to guys like us and if I wanted the tunes later I would just pay the difference in price (kind of like paying for the unlock).

XRT or Smarty manufactures think this would work?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts