Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

Dodge in my sig will not make over ~ 28 lbs. Let me give a little back ground. With mods including only a boost fooler and 5" exhaust, the truck used to make ~ 35 lbs. Years later, I upgraded to a GT3782R stage 1. Immediately I noticed lower boost, which I was told to expect. I've never made over 30 lbs with this turbo. For a short period, I reinstalled the factory turbo and discovered I suddenly couldn't make over 30 lbs with it either. Something has changed but I cannot figure out what.

Current mods include: Volant Powercore Intake, GT3782R stg 1, AFE Blade Exhaust manifold, Mr. Bobs Boots, Air Dog II 165, and a Smarty S06 POD set on 90hp w/ timing. I also deleted the electronic wastgate solenoid on the turbo. As the truck stands, it will not make over 28 lbs empty. I've used a boost leak detector. Ran it up to 25 lbs with no leaks. Why won't this truck make boost?? What should I check?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

KB

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Air it up to 35 lbs and see if it leaks. What's your valve lash set at? Air filter clean?

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Question On doing a boost leak detection, once charged and with no leaks will the system hold pressure or will pressure drop slowly from leaking past piston rings or something?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

1 - 4 of 4 Posts