Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Dodge Ram 2500
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hows it! I'm fairly new to the diesel world and have been chasing an issue for some time (and $$) now. I would be super appreciative of any help. As the post title suggests, I am having an issue with low boost (max 24psi) high egts(1000-1400) and rolling dirty with programmer set to 0.

The story begins
I have an 01 Dodge Ram 2500, 6sp, southbend cluch, predator mechanic fuel pump, glacier big line fuel kit, edge juice with attitude programmer, 5in straight pipe, taterbuilt 63/67 turbo, +125hp DAP injectors, SO Injection pump, AFE intake.

When I bought the truck 2 years ago I was pushing 34psi of boost no problem. About 6 months ago the turbo went out and I replaced it with the tater 63/67. From there, my PSI would only top ar 20-24psi. I would also notice higher (but within range EGTs) About 2 weeks ago my injection pump failed so I decided to replace it with a SO pump and while I was at it 125hp injectors.

I was told with the new injectors, coupled with the turbo it would lower egts, and should burn clean.

I just performed a boost pressure test by hooking up the air filter side. Bringing it up to 30psi and noticed a very very small leak. I also replaced MAP sensor.

What else could I look for?

Thanks 🤙🏼

·
Registered
2001 Dodge Ram 2500
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
+ the EGTs now are around 1000-1400 when ever I'm on Throttle with little incline. I do notice my engine temp fluctuating as well. If I get on it for a minute I'll get in the 215+ range. When I ease off, it goes back to normal.

ALLLLSOOOOO,
After the IP + Injectors were installed I got (4) CEL codes that were never there before.
They are as follows....

P1689- No Communication Between ECM and Injection Pump Module Data

P0252 – Injection pump A, rotor/cam -range/performance problem

P0251 – Injection pump A, rotor/cam -circuit malfunction

01688- DodgeInternal Fuel Injection Pump Controller Failure

1 - 3 of 3 Posts